Working on Our Farm
Wise Acres Farm grows 2+ acres of certified organic vegetables and berries for two local farmers’ markets and a CSA program. 2017 was our 6th season farming this land.
We count on our employees to help us care for our land, operate a financially sustainable business and provide our community with fresh, local, yummy produce.
We typically consider applications from January to March. Most positions run from May to October, but shorter-term summer positions may also be available. We offer both full-time and part-time positions.
Expectations for all positions:
- Attention to detail, efficiency and ongoing improvement while performing repetitive tasks
- Willingness to take both direction and initiative
- Proactive, honest and constructive communication about work-related information and personal needs
- Ability to do strenuous work outside in all weather conditions and lift heavy items
- Reliability and punctuality
- A positive attitude and a sense of humor and purpose
Employees are paid based on position, experience, and the farm's budget. Our base wage is $10/hour and increases based on experience and performance. We do not offer housing or meals, but we do offer access to our surplus organic produce. We are located 20 minutes northwest of Bangor in a beautiful, peaceful spot.
If you have questions about working on the farm or want to apply for future positions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are expected to provide a note about why they want to work on our farm, a resume, and, upon our request, references. Final candidates will be expected to complete an on-farm interview.