Working on Our Farm
Wise Acres Farm grows 2+ acres of certified organic vegetables and berries for two local farmers’ markets and a CSA program. 2018 will be our 7th season farming this land.
We count on our small crew of employees to help us care for our land, operate a financially sustainable business and provide our community with fresh, local, yummy produce.
We typically post positions and consider applications from January to March. Most positions run from May to October, but shorter-term summer positions may also be available. We offer both full-time and part-time positions.
Expectations for all positions:
- Experience with and appreciation for physical outdoor work (gardening/farming, landscaping, building trades, trail/conservation work, sports, etc.)
- Attention to detail, efficiency and ongoing improvement while performing repetitive tasks
- Willingness to take both direction and initiative
- Proactive, honest and constructive communication about work-related information and personal needs
- Ability to lift and walk a short distance with 50 lbs
- Ability and appropriate clothing to work outside in all weather conditions
- Reliability and punctuality
- A valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and reliable transportation
- A positive attitude and a sense of humor and purpose
- Availability to work mid-May through mid-October
Employees are paid based on position, experience, and the farm's budget. Our base wage is $11/hour and increases based on experience and performance. We do not offer housing or meals, but we do offer access to our surplus organic produce. We are located 20 minutes northwest of Bangor in a beautiful, peaceful spot.
If you have questions about working on the farm or want to apply for future positions, please contact us at email@example.com.
To apply, tell us why you want to work on our farm, send us a resume, and be prepared to provide references upon request. Final candidates will be expected to complete an on-farm interview.